Up to 21 scholarships are given each year to children or grandchildren of alumni.
G. Allan and Gertrude Laflin Alumni Council Scholarship
The G. Allan and Gertrude Laflin Alumni Council Scholarship is in memory of G. Allan Laflin, the first alumni director at Western Illinois University, and is funded primarily by past and present members of the WIU Alumni Council. It is given in recognition of a student's academic achievement as well as his/her involvement in activities at WIU. The scholarship is awarded to a child of a WIU alumnus(a) who meets the following criteria:
- Must have completed a minimum of 75 semester hours.
- Must have earned a 3.0 or better cumulative grade point average.
- Must show active participation in University student organizations and/or programs.
- Must show evidence of leadership qualities as exemplified by involvement in departments, college and/or University activities.
The stipend for the scholarship is $1,500 each academic year with $750 to be awarded at the Fall Scholarship Banquet and $750 awarded during the Spring semester. The recipient's name will be engraved on a plaque displayed at the Alumni House. If you meet the above criteria, we invite you to fill out an application and mail it to:
Alumni House, 1 University Circle, Macomb, IL 61455 (or drop it off at the Alumni House, 1009 W. Adams, Macomb, IL).
Included in the application should be a short essay highlighting major accomplishment or contribution to Western. Please also include your resume. Application Deadline is March 30.
Foundation 4-Year WIN/Alumni Council Scholarships
Two scholarships are awarded each year. The stipend for each of the scholarships is $1,000 each academic year. For more information visit the WIU Scholarship website or download the requirements (PDF).
WIN/Alumni Association Children of Alumni Scholarships
Twelve scholarships are awarded to incoming freshman who are children or grandchildren of alumni, totaling $750 each. For more information visit the WIU Scholarship website or download the requirements.
Kerstin S. Taylor Student Alumni Association Scholarships
Every spring, $200 will be awarded by the Student Alumni Association. Additional info is available on the SALC web page. Application Deadline is April 1.
- G. Allan and Gertrude Laflin Alumni Council Scholarship Application Form (PDF)
- Foundation 4-Year WIN/Alumni Council Scholarships
- WIN/Alumni Association Children of Alumni Scholarships