Campus Connection Submissions for May 4, 2012
- Richard Chamberlain and Kimberly Sikes, CAIT, —$16,497 from the Illinois Community College Board for the project entitled, "CARS FY12 Moodle Hosting." FY11
- Chris Carpenter, communication, was published in “Personality and Individual Differences, the official journal of the International Society for the Study of individual Differences” for his research on narcissism and Facebook.
- Myers, J.J., & Hemphill, Leaunda (2012, Apr.12). School strategies for dealing with the digital generation. 77th Annual Lambda State Convention. The Delta Kappa Gamma Society International. Bloomingdale, IL.
- Keith Holz, Associate Professor, Department of Art, has published the article: “Recasting exiled artists groups as transnational diasporic communities,”in _Netzwerke des Exils: Künstlerische Verflechtungen, Austausch und Patronage nach 1933_. Burcu Dogramaci and Karin Wimmer, eds. Berlin: Gebrüder Mann Verlag, 2011 [November], 279-296.
- Keith Holz, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Art History, Department of Art, presented the paper Beyond modernism’s other: Nazi art international, in the session The Challenge of Nazi Art, College Art Association Annual Conference, Los Angeles, February 22-25, 2012.
- Richard Ness, Broadcasting, chaired the panel “Bollywood Does Hollywood” (on Indian remakes of Hollywood films) and presented the paper “Mr. Smith Goes to Mumbai: Class, Caste, and Karma in Indian Versions of Frank Capra Films” at the Society for Cinema and Media Studies Conference in Boston, March 21-25.
- Nicholas Pano, History Emeritus, presented "The Albanian-American Community and Albania, 1912-24" at the at the International Conference on the 100th Anniversary of Albanian Independence, New York City, April 27-30.
- Roger Sadler, Broadcasting, had an article The Regulation of Television Broadcasting accepted for publication in the 2012 edition of The International Encyclopedia of Communication.
- Dr. Tammie Walker, Professor of Piano, presented a 3-hour masterclass for pre-college students at West Music Store in Moline, IL on Saturday, February 11.
- Jeannie Woods, theatre and dance, preformed in "The Lady With All the Answers," held April 20th through April 28th, in Macomb.
- Charles Wright, chair of art, was elected to the Board of Directors of the College Art Association at their annual meeting in Los Angeles in February.
- Dean A. Zoerink, RPTA, presented "iPAD: An interest and Preference Assessment Device" at the Midwest Symposium on Therapeutic Recreation and Adapted Physical Activity, Springfield, Illinois on April 17, 2012 and "Integrated service delivery through collaborative team practice" at the 10th Annual Workshop, Illinois Recreation Therapy Association Central Region, Urbana, Illinois on March 30, 2012.
Civil Service Employee of the Month - Lynn Bryant, Business Manager I
University Union Administrative Office
Graduate Assistant of the Month - Molly McKeogh
Beu Health Center
Student Employee of the Month - Marcy Barrows
Acts of Kindness Award Winners: