Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Government and legal information available at WIU on related topics:
Sites of Interest:
- Forest Service Homepage
- This branch of the USDA deals with forests and grasslands and includes past news briefs, annual reports, and future plans.
- Natural Resources Conservation Service Homepage
- This USDA site has quick links to maps, directories, and programs; news items; the conservation initiative with farmers and ranchers; and more.
- Fish and Wildlife Service Homepage
- This agency of the Department of the Interior deals primarily with fish, wildlife, and plants, and highlights efforts to work with citizens on conservation.
- Office of Surface Mining Homepage
- Another Department of the Interior branch, this office works to reclaim old mines and informs the public of the dangers of abandoned deep mines.
- Global Warming
- This EPA site divides global warming into climate, emissions, impacts, and actions categories and also provides current news and information.
- EPA Information Sources
- Often the first agency one thinks of when considering the environment, this site from the EPA's homepage links to pertinent libraries, dockets, publications, newsletters, databases, and more. Try "Your Community" for specific information at the local level.
- Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
- Illinois Department of Natural Resources (IDNR)
- Illinois Pollution Control Board
Sites of Interest:
- Bureau of Water
- This Illinois EPA file allows one to view water quality in the state's watersheds. Adobe Acrobat required.
- Critical Trends Assessment Land Cover Database of Illinois
- Also from IDNR, this site allows users to view land cover and land usage in the state.
WIU Libraries is now a PTRC!
Browse by Topic
- Civil War (U.S.)
- Constitutional Issues
- Foreign Affairs
- Illinois History
- Illinois Sites
- Indigenous Peoples
- McDonough County
- Social Issues
- Substance Abuse