Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Wellness Weekend at WIU Horn Field Campus April 10-11
April 1, 2010
MACOMB, IL -- Nourish your body, mind and spirit at the upcoming Wellness Weekend, slated for 8 a.m.-10 p.m. Saturday, April 10 and 7 a.m.-4 p.m. Sunday April 11, at Western Illinois University's Horn Field Campus (HFC).
The weekend event, to be held at HFC's 92-acre retreat, will include guided meditation, yoga, labyrinth walks and educational sessions covering such topics as "Edible and Medicinal Plants."
Cost is $25, which will cover meals and optional accommodations. Registration is limited and is due on or before Monday, April 5. HFC's Wellness Weekend will include:
- 8 a.m. - Check-in at HFC Lodge
- 8:30 a.m. - Introductions and overview (Karen Peitzmeier)
- 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. - "Cultivating Awareness through the Practice of Yoga" (Karen Mauldin-Curtis)
- 10:30–10:45 a.m. - Do as you please
- 10:45–11:30 a.m. - "Guided Meditation: Effortless Opening" (Adam Chacksfield)
- 11:30 a.m.–noon - Do as you please
- noon–1 p.m. - Communal midday meal
- 1–3 p.m. - "Self-Exploration through Labyrinths" (Kelley Quinn)
- 3–3:15 p.m. - Do as you please
- 3:15–4:30 p.m. - "Edible & Medicinal Plants" (Karen Peitzmeier)
- 4:30–5:30 p.m. - Journal reflections
- 5:30–6:30 p.m. - Communal evening meal
- 6:30–7 p.m. - "Guided Meditation: The Wisdom of No-Mind" (Adam Chacksfield)
- 7–8 p.m. - "Make Your Own Mandala" (Kelley Quinn)
- 9:00 p.m. - Optional night hike
- 7 a.m. - Daybreak stroll on Lazy Creek
- 7:30–8 a.m. – Sun salutations (Karen Mauldin-Curtis)
- 8–8:45 a.m. – Communal morning meal
- 9–11 a.m. - "Falling Into Nondual Awareness through Dialogue" (Adam Chacksfield)
- 11:30 a.m.–noon - Reflections (Karen Peitzmeier)
- noon-1 p.m. - Optional tea, miso soup and conversation
- 1-4 p.m. - Optional high ropes (additional cost $10)
For more information and to register, contact HFC at (309) 833-5798 or HF-Campus@wiu.edu. Visit HFC online at wiu.edu/HFC.
HFC is located south of Macomb on China Road. From South Johnson Street (past Macomb High School), turn right on China Road and follow the road one-quarter of a mile to the Horn Field Campus entrance. Parking is permitted on the HFC lot.
Posted By: Teresa Koltzenburg, University Relations
Phone: (309) 298-1993 * Fax: (309) 298-1606