Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
More Than 560 March in WIU Fall Commencement
December 19, 2011
MACOMB, IL – Fall 2011 candidates for graduation at Western Illinois University participated in two Commencement ceremonies Dec. 17 at Western Hall. In all, 567 candidates marched in the ceremonies.
The total number of participants by degree was: bachelor's degree, 439; master's degree, 126; and the Doctorate in Educational Leadership, two.
On Dec. 16, students who earn a minimum 3.60 grade point average earn academic distinction recognition, as well as students who have been named Departmental, College and Honors scholars, during the Academic Honors Convocation. There were 121 medals awarded.
Students completing graduation requirements will be issued a diploma approximately six weeks following graduation (wiu.edu/Registrar/diplomas.php).
View candid photos from Commencement ceremonies at http://photos.wiu.edu/lightbox.
_ _ _ _ _
ID of Photos on Right
1. Professor Lorette Oden presents Emergency Management Departmental Scholar, Honors Scholar and Summa Cum Laude graduate Crystal Lynn Loyd (Peoria, IL) with her diploma cover during Commencement exercises.
2. Women's Studies Professor and Chair Aimee Shouse presents Sabrina R. Walker (Forrest Park, IL) with her diploma cover.
3. President Jack Thomas congratulates Brandon Kutmas, the Centennial Honors College Scholar, an Honors Scholar, the Academic Honors Convocation Speaker and a graduate with academic distinction, Cum Laude.
4. Professor Tom Cody presents Lindsay Bogner (Mason City, IL) with her diploma cover after she received her master's hood for her M.S. in Education.
5. President Jack Thomas (left) and College of Arts and Sciences Dean Susan Martinetti Fernandez, congratulate College Scholar Franck Olivier Ndjakou Njeunje from Cameroon. He also was the Mathematics Departmental Scholar, an Honors and will graduate with highest academic honors, Summa Cum Laude. He is one of just three bachelor's degree graduates to earn four academic honors.
6. Josie Holst (Augusta, IL), Katlin Stein (Lockport, IL), Brittany James (Hannibal, MO) and Nicholas Jackson (Posen, IL) were among 16 student Marshals who assisted with the Commencement ceremonies, eight at each ceremony. Marshals are selected from the top scholars earning high academic distinction. They guide the graduating class, faculty and stage party from the processional to the recessional.
Posted By: WIU News, University Relations
Phone: (309) 298-1993 * Fax: (309) 298-1606