Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Mobile Computing Awareness Day Nov. 7: Faculty/Staff Encouraged to Consider Presenting
May 10, 2012
MACOMB, IL -- Western Illinois University's annual Mobile Computing Awareness Day (MCAD) is set for Wednesday, Nov. 7, in the University Union Capitol Room. Members of Western's Mobile Computing Task Force (MCTF) encourage faculty and staff who use mobile technologies for learning and/or student affairs to consider presentation ideas for the event. WIU-QC personnel and students can participate via video conference at the WIU-QC Riverfront Campus, room A103.
A tentative schedule for the annual MCAD event is listed below. A call for presentations will be disseminated in early Fall Semester 2012.
For more information about MCAD, contact Chad Dennis, with Western's Center for Innovation in Teaching and Research, at (309) 298-2439 or CE-Dennis@wiu.edu. For information about the Mobile Computing Task Force at WIU, contact University Libraries Dean and MCTF Chair Phyllis Self at (309) 298-2762 or via email at P-Self@wiu.edu.
MCAD is sponsored by the Mobile Computing Task Force and the Center for Innovation in Teaching and Research at Western Illinois University. Follow the MCTF on Facebook at www.facebook.com/MCTF.WIU.
Mobile Computing Awareness Day 2012, Wednesday, Nov. 7
University Union Capitol Room
- 10:30-11 a.m. — Check-in and coffee service
- 11 a.m.-noon — Presentation 1
- 11 a.m.-noon — Presentation 2
- Noon-1 p.m. — Lunch/Table Showcase (Union Concourse)
- 1-2 p.m. — Presentation 3
- 1-2 p.m. — Presentation 4
- 3-4 p.m. — Keynote Speaker Chad Udell, from Float Mobile Learning, will present, "Learning Everywhere: How Mobile Is Transforming Learning." Udell will survey a number of trends and emerging technology in the rapidly evolving mobile learning space.
Posted By: WIU News, University Relations
Phone: (309) 298-1993 * Fax: (309) 298-1606