Office of the Registrar
The Office of the Registrar processes enrollment, degree, and past attendance verifications for undergraduate students:
- Verification of full time enrollment for current or previous terms
- Statement of Academic Standing
- Cumulative Grade Point Average
- Class Standing (Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior)
- Student Loan Deferment (Loan Servicer Form Required)
- Good Student Discount (Insurance Form Required)
- Anticipated Graduation Date
- Permanent and School Addresses (For Current Students Only)
- Current students needing unofficial verification of enrollment may view and print their class schedule or grades through STARS.
- Enrollment verification letters and other official documents may be obtained by current and former students by completing an Enrollment Verification Request Form (PDF). Requests can also be made by mail or FAX.
Employers and Other Third-Party Requesters
- Western Illinois University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse (www.studentclearinghouse.com) to provide enrollment, degree, and past attendance verifications. Please visit the Clearinghouse website for details:
Order Verifications from National Student Clearinghouse
- Written enrollment verifications may also be requested through the Office of the Registrar.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the National Student Clearinghouse (NSC), and how do they get my information?
NSC is a non-profit organization providing secure enrollment information to lenders. The Financial Aid Office sends a report to NSC AFTER the 10th day of each semester, supplying the number of hours each student is registered. This information is then supplied to lenders who subscribe to NSC. Nelnet, Sallie Mae, IDAPP, CITIBANK are just a few who use the service.
Why can't my enrollment be verified to the National Student Clearinghouse BEFORE the 10th day?
Students may withdraw totally without penalty up to the 10th day of the semester. Lenders know this, and do not consider "pre-registration" (enrollment information sent before 10th day) proof of enrollment.
Where do I send my deferment forms?
Send the forms to Office of the Registrar, 1 University Circle, Western Illinois University, Macomb, IL 61455.
What if I don't have any forms?
Forms should be available through your lender's website. When submitting the blank form, please complete ALL student information, including social security number and the lender's complete address.