Office of the Registrar

Want to Change Your Major?

You may find help in selecting your new major by referring to the following websites:


You can easily change your major by taking the following steps:

Choose your new major and contact the academic advisor for the new major to set up an appointment. Please refer to the Academic Advisor Directory to find your new advisor.

During your appointment you will discuss the academic requirements of your new major and how it will affect your timely graduation and/or financial aid. You will also complete a Change of Major Form. Please allow up to five business days for the major change to be reflected on all of your student records.

If you have already applied for graduation, you will need to complete a Revised Graduation Application to change your major/minor.

Please submit a Bachelor of Arts in General Studies Application for Readmission form. For more information on the BGS program go to or email


You may submit a Request for Change of Status Form or contact the Office of Graduate Studies at

Bachelor of Arts in General Studies

Contact the advisor of the major that you wish to change to and submit a Change of Major Form to the Office of the Registrar ( Please check the box indicating you are currently a BGS major. Note: Your transfer work may be reevaluated. Please allow 5 business days for processing.

Send to:

Office of the Registrar
Sherman Hall 110
1 University Circle
Macomb, IL 61455

For more information, please email: