Western Illinois University: Macomb Campus
Web Tools and Search Bar
Citation & Cite Checking
- Introduction to Basic Legal Citation
- (2002-03 ed.) by Peter W. Martin (Cornell Law School)
- This is a citation primer based on the seventeenth edition of the Harvard Bluebook.
- Bieber's Dictionary of Legal Citations
- Lookup how to cite any legal authority; based upon the Sixteenth Edition of the Harvard Bluebook.
- LEGLREF. KF 246 .P73 1997, at 4th Floor Public Service Desk
- Bieber's Dictionary of Legal Abbreviations
- Lookup legal abbreviations and acronyms used in legal literature.
- LEGLREF. KF 246 .B46 2001, at 4th Floor Public Service Desk
- Bieber's Dictionary of Legal Abbreviations Reversed
- Find which abbreviations and acronyms to use when citing legal literature.
- LEGLREF. K 89 .K37 1994, at 4th Floor Public Service Desk
- Shepard's Citations
- via LexisNexis Academic
- "Shepardize" cases online. Pathway: Legal/Shepard's Citations (right-hand menu)
- This is available within Westlaw Campus Research when looking at a court opinion. There is an small flag (green/yellow/red) to the left of the case name. Clicking on the flag will take you to the negative history, if there is any. Use the left sidebar for additional options.
WIU Libraries is now a PTRC!
Browse by Topic
- Civil War (U.S.)
- Constitutional Issues
- Foreign Affairs
- Illinois History
- Illinois Sites
- Indigenous Peoples
- McDonough County
- Social Issues
- Substance Abuse