Financial Aid

Financial Aid Handbook & Policies

Missing In Action/Prisoner of War (MIA/POW)

You may be eligible for the Missing in Action/Prisoner of War (MIA/POW) Scholarship if you are the dependent of a person who was an Illinois resident at the time he/she entered active duty and has been declared to be a prisoner of war, missing in action, dead as a result of a service-connected disability, or disabled with a 100 percent disability as the result of a service-connected cause as recognized by the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs or the U.S. Department of Defense.

This scholarship may be used at public colleges in Illinois, and is administered by the Illinois Department of Veterans' Affairs. MIA/POW covers tuition and the activity fee. For more information, contact Tracy Smith at (217) 782-3564 or visit the Web site for the State of Illinois.